I am past being amazed at Taylor’s dumb meter. She goes ahead and reprints a blog entry from May 2017 thinking that it’s still valid now when in the comments of said entry she linked, the writer (Brett Wilcox) was owned well and truly by a user called W&N. I also commented on the entry at various points.
Anyway, as a pro vaxxer here are my replies, with the ones covered by W&N noted (said user didn’t address all of them) and this is a long entry so be warned;
* All disease is bad.
W&N: By definition disease is bad.
And unlike vaccines, disease can and has killed.
* All vaccines are good.
W&N: Not true: for example Novavax’s RSV vaccine…that recently failed in clinical trials.
And whatever other vaccines that have also failed at that stage.
* The science is settled, all vaccines work.
W&N: Not true—the licensed vaccines work, but there are countless examples beyond the Novavax example of vaccines that don’t work.
* All vaccines are equally effective.
W&N: Not true—the pertussis vaccine is much less effective then the measles vaccine.
Enough said again!
* All vaccines are equally safe.
W&N: That is not true—the rabies vaccine is much less safe than the measles vaccine.
And the vaccines also depend – read this carefully you lot – on being administered correctly.
* Vaccines are tested for safety more than any other pharmaceutical product.
W&N: That is true…all you have to do is to read the FDA site….
And also don’t listen to Robert F Kennedy Junior on that one!
* Vaccine safety studies are long term studies, meaning they last for more than four days.
W&N: Not true: vaccine safety studies go for years….all you have to do is to read the words…
And they never stop. There is always a way to improve vaccines.
* Experimental vaccines intended for babies are first tested on babies.
W&N: Not true—no vaccine is first tested on babies.
Enough said on that one!
* Experimental vaccines that will eventually be given to unhealthy children are first tested on unhealthy children.
W&N: Not true—no vaccine is first tested on babies
The repeat is warranted and correct!
* Vaccine safety studies always include inert placebos.
W&N: Vaccine studies use correct placebos…seriously, this is middle-school science!
Too right! Use of inert placebos give exponential results that have no scientific validity.
* The entire vaccine schedule has been studied for safety.
W&N: That is true. Here is a summary review:
“Each new vaccine considered for inclusion in the immunization schedule is tested within the context of the existing schedule and reviewed by clinical researchers, who analyze the balance of demonstrated benefits and risks.”
This again proves how wrong Kennedy Junior is.
* The theory and the practice of vaccination are identical.
Theory and practice in EVERYTHING is NEVER identical!
* Vaccine Information Sheets contain the same information as Vaccine Package Inserts.
No they don’t!
* Vaccination equals immunization, yet the public should still fear and ostracize the unvaccinated.
That’s because the unvaccinated threaten herd immunity, potentially rendering immunisation ineffective.
* Vaccines work, but only if everyone else is vaccinated because, of course, my medicine makes your medicine more effective.
That last bit is childish rubbish but the rest is true (see again herd immunity)
* Everyone should be forced to vaccinate to protect the vaccinated from getting the diseases for which they were vaccinated.
Oh boy – more ignorance of the concept of herd immunity. That is a childish remark that is misleading to the max.
* Vaccines have never caused ADHD, tics, Guillain-Barré Syndrome, learning disabilities, cancer, diabetes, eczema, paralysis, autism, or any other injury.
* It’s just a coincidence when babies get sick, diseased, regress, or die following vaccination.
Correct again, unless the vaccine has been administered incorrectly.
* Vaccination is the leading cause of coincidences.
No, the leading cause of coincidences is human behaviour.
* There is nothing in vaccines that could hurt a baby or anyone else. That’s why vaccine manufacturers and doctors can’t be sued for vaccine injury or death.
Doctors CAN be sued for negligence – when they administer the vaccine incorrectly.
* If vaccines injure a baby, it’s the baby’s fault for having bad genes. Vaccines just identify the defect.
Wrong. Vaccines have never injured a baby. The administrator of the vaccine however….
* Vaccines are composed of neurotoxins, human fetal DNA, animal tissue, adjuvants, allergens, antigens, and contaminants. Buildings are evacuated and hazmat teams are called when the contents of a vaccine spill on the floor. That’s why the same ingredients are safe when repeatedly injected into pregnant women, infants, toddlers, teens, the aged, and virtually everyone in between.
Total bunk. Vaccines are compounds. Enough said.
* The toxic ingredients in vaccines make sick people healthy and healthy people healthier.
Wrong, because there are no toxic ingredients – like salt and fresh water.
* Injecting toxins is no different than ingesting toxins.
No toxins, so an irrelevant statement.
* Because one vaccine is safe, two, four, eight vaccines etc. are equally safe.
That draws on the idea above that all vaccines are equally effective, which W&N already proved wrong.
* Vaccines are better than vitamins, the more you get, the healthier you are.
Vaccines and vitamins go hand in hand so this is a misleading statement.
* Studies show that vaccine injuries and deaths increase as the number of vaccines increase. That’s why babies can safely receive thousands of vaccines at once.
What studies? Show me one genuine study that says that! What rot!
* High-pitched screams, fevers, lethargy, being zoned out, sleeping for days, diarrhea, and seizures are normal vaccine reactions.
No, at worst they are reactions to a vaccine being administered incorrectly.
* Normal reactions are not vaccine injury.
Correct – a rash or a lump and so on.
* The US vaccine schedule is the only schedule in the world.
Misleading again – the schedule is not hard and fast!
* There are no alternative schedules.
Doctors are free to amend the schedule on a case by case basis. If they aren’t doing that, they are administering vaccines wrong.
* Alternative schedules are untested and dangerous.
As long as the child (or adult) gets the vaccine at the appropriate time within the restraints of the vaccine requirements there is no issue.
* Until recently, 100% of people failed to notice behaviors and traits associated with autism that have always existed in 2% of the population. Some of these behaviors and traits include head banging, spinning, hand flapping, poop smearing, delayed speech, speech regression, inability to speak, speaking in an abnormal tone of voice, repeating words and phrases over and over again, yelling, crying, or laughing for no apparent reason, obsessive attachment to unusual objects, gastrointestinal problems, explosive diarrhea, extreme sensitivity to light, sound and touch, indifference to temperature or pain, difficulty understanding other people’s feelings, reactions, or facial expressions, resistance to being touched, failure to bond or emotionally connect with parents, siblings, and others, wandering, and lack of fear of water sometimes resulting in drowning.
NOT 100 percent! That is rubbish – Autistics who did that were put in institutions and hidden away by parents who were ashamed. That’s why they weren’t noticed, and it wasn’t even diagnosed as Autism! This is hate speech against Autism and it has to stop!
* Autism is normal.
Autism is a human difference. There is no such thing as normal.
* Autism is a gift.
Only if one makes it one.
* Autism should be celebrated.
* Parents who don’t celebrate their kids’ autism are selfish crybabies.
They are in fact a threat to their Autistic children.
* Autism is an evolutionary response to the computer age.
No that’s not true. Autism has always been there.
* No vaccine has ever caused autism.
* Only one now debunked paper written solely by one now disgraced doctor has ever linked vaccines to autism.
No there have been more than that, but each of them have been debunked as well.
* That man is a fraud and he’s personally responsible for killing millions of babies just like Hitler.
That one man (Andrew Wakefield) is not responsible for that. It’s multiple people and there haven’t been that many deaths.
* Media outlets can be trusted because they always report the truth about vaccines.
Yes they do, because they have a responsibility to research the facts.
* Media outlets are not influenced by corporate sponsors or government censorship.
* Media should shame and mock parents of vaccine-injured children, especially the moms.
Shame them – yes. Mock them – no. That’s going too far, unless they say something that is mock worthy. Gender is irrelevant.
* Media should libel and misquote doctors and scientists who address vaccine safety issues.
No they should not. They should quote accurately in all respects and have.
* Media should not give fair and equal airtime to parents of vaccine-injured children.
Of course not. But the issue is there are NO vaccine injured children.
* Media sponsored hate speech is bad … unless it’s targeting parents of vaccine-injured children.
There is no hate speech against parents of such children – because they don’t exist.
* Media should slam movies such as Vaxxed without ever watching them.
Media listens to those who have so watching it is not necessarily required. However most have watched it, and reviewed it appropriately.
* The pharmaceutical industry does not influence medical school curriculum.
* Doctors are taught everything there is to know about vaccination:
1. disease is bad
2. vaccines are good
3. the vaccine schedule
4. vaccine administration and
5. strategies to coerce vaccine hesitant parents and others to vaccinate.
That is NOT all there is to know about vaccines.
* Listen to your doctor … unless your doctor warns you about the dangers of vaccination.
Every doctor warns about rashes and lumps that may happen.
* The ethical principle of informed consent which was established after World War II to prevent further medical experimentation on uninformed and unwilling subjects does not apply to vaccination.
Anti vaxxers are not informed, so they are incapable of informed consent.
* When doctors coerce and threaten parents to vaccinate their kids, they are not violating medical ethics.
No they aren’t. It’s not medically ethical to do the wrong thing by the child, and unless it is medically contraindicated not vaccinating the child is against medical ethics.
* Medical providers should chart adverse events from medications, but they should deny vaccine-induced adverse events because vaccines are safe and effective.
Not applicable, because there have been no proven vaccine induced adverse events brought on by the vaccines alone – except for the minor ones like rashes and lumps etc.
* Doctors who address vaccine safety concerns should lose their medical licenses.
If the issue addressed is rubbish then yes they should (and have!)
* The HPV vaccine has been proven to prevent cancer.
* Teen aged girls who fake injury—including paralysis, full body tics, and debilitating pain resulting in being confined to their homes and beds—after getting the HPV vaccine should see a shrink for psychological problems.
No they should report the administering doctor for using the vaccine incorrectly.
* Exposure to chickenpox and measles in childhood provides no health benefits later in life.
* Getting chickenpox is very bad and very scary.
Getting ANY disease is potentially bad and scary.
* Getting measles is very, very bad and very, very scary because measles is one of the most lethal diseases on Earth and probably in the whole universe. That’s why parents used to take their kids to measles and chickenpox parties.
Parents who did that were arrested for child abuse. You quarantine a child with the measles! Yes, the measles can be lethal – just ask Roald Dahl!
* Vaccines don’t contain human fetal DNA.
Vaccines are a compound as previously noted.
* Only two babies have been aborted for vaccine research.
NO baby has been aborted for that purpose!!
* Vaccines used to contain mercury, but that doesn’t matter because it was the good kind.
Ethyl mercury is contained in breast milk. Enough said.
* Vaccines don’t contain mercury anymore, but that doesn’t matter because it was the good kind.
See what I just said.
* Vaccines now banned in developed countries because they contained mercury are still being used in developing countries, but that doesn’t matter because it’s the good kind.
No vaccine has been banned for this reason. The thiomersal has simply been removed.
* The amount of mercury in some “preservative- or thimerosal-free” vaccines exceeds the EPA safety limit and must be disposed of as hazardous waste. But that doesn’t matter, because it’s the good kind of hazardous waste.
Total bunk! All vaccines have some form of preservative. They have to in order to last the extra time and even then it has to be refridgerated.
* Aluminum is a known neurotoxin and is proven to play a significant role in promoting neurological diseases like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, dementia, and autism. That’s why it’s safe to inject newborns with aluminum in excess of EPA safety limits.
It is NO SUCH THING! If it was we wouldn’t be using aluminium in other manners including soft drink cans, aluminium foil and cookware!
* Aluminum is essential for optimal brain functioning and development.
There is no proof of that claim.
* There is no valid reason for religious people to object to vaccination because God has no problem with injecting healthy babies time and time again with a variety of cell-killing and brain-damaging concoctions.
There is no cell killing or brain damaging concoctions so this is irrelevant.
* People get Hepatitis B from dirty needles and sexual activity. That’s why Hep B negative mothers should consent to have their 1 day old infants injected with the Hep B vaccine.
Hep B is spread in many other ways as well.
* Pus from cowpox eradicated smallpox.
The smallpox vaccine eradicated smallpox.
* 10% of the Earth’s population received smallpox vaccines. That’s why nearly everyone needs to be vaccinated to eradicate a disease.
Smallpox didn’t get into many countries so this is a misleading claim.
* Not getting the chickenpox vaccine will kill millions of people from smallpox.
* Not getting the measles vaccine will put millions of kids in iron lungs.
The iron lungs are for polio, not the measles!!
* Environmental toxins and tonsillectomies had nothing to do with America’s polio epidemic and polio disease reclassification had nothing to do with reversing the epidemic.
* The polio vaccine used in India is not causing paralysis in 30,000 children per year.
Correct. The issue is India’s poor sanitation.
* Sanitation, clean drinking water, and good food are responsible for the reduction of diseases for which there are currently no vaccines. However, once a vaccine is developed for any of those diseases, the previous statement will no longer be valid.
Misleading. Sanitation etc reduced mortality rates. The prevalence of disease did not change until the vaccine was introduced.
* Immunocompromised people should not be vaccinated with live virus vaccines … unless they live in developing countries.
No, such people should not be vaccinated at all!
* The oral polio vaccine should never be given to HIV positive people … unless they live in Africa.
* Being sick is no reason not to get vaccinated.
It is a very good reason to delay it! I’ve done that myself with the flu vaccine, but I still got it once I got over the illness.
* It would be unethical to conduct a prospective vaxxed vs. unvaxxed study because withholding vaccines from children would kill them.
No, it’s unethical because of other factors that would be exponential.
* It would be impossible to conduct a retroprospective vaxxed vs. unvaxxed study because all the unvaxxed kids have already died from vaccine preventable diseases.
No, again the exponential factor would apply.
* Vaccines have never been tested for safety with pregnant women and their fetuses. That’s why it’s safe to inject them in pregnant women.
They have been tested for that.
* Pregnant women should avoid alcohol, antibiotics, Thalidomide, and other pharmaceutical products, but should receive all vaccines offered them at any stage of their pregnancies.
Correct – and you forgot uncooked fish.
* Babies are born vaccine deficient.
Babies are born without protection from disease, except diseases their mother was vaccinated for during pregnancy.
* Premature infants need the protection from vaccines even more than full term infants.
Probably, but they need other protections as well and premature infants wouldn’t be vaccinated at first anyway.
* Even though the pertussis vaccine does not prevent the transmission of pertussis and is known to result in asymptomatic carriers of the disease, vaccinating family members is the best way to protect newborns from whooping cough.
That rule applies to all vaccines – transmission is not prevented in any instance. But in order for transmission to happen the person has to actually have the disease!
*Drug companies make drugs for profit, but they make vaccines out of the goodness of their hearts.
They make vaccines because they are good for the community and spend as much as they make in research. So no, vaccines do not make a profit – at all.
* Anti-vaxxers enrich themselves writing and selling anti-vaccine propaganda.
There are certainly examples of that even though many do not.
* The industry has never lied about vaccine safety, efficacy, or necessity.
* The industry has never faked vaccine research.
* The industry would never divide vaccine lots to spread out and hide vaccine injury and death.
There’s nothing to hide.
* The industry would never test vaccines on orphans, disabled people, or people of color.
They don’t test vaccines on any human being.
* Merck lied about Vioxx, but it would never lie about its vaccines.
Vioxx was a single mistake and using it as a catch all excuse is paranoia at it’s finest.
* Merck supervisors did not order its scientists to fake the efficacy of the mumps vaccine.
That’s an example of the paranoia I was just talking about.
* The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation didn’t get booted out of India for conducting cloaked vaccine trials on Indian girls resulting in thousands of injuries and hundreds of deaths.
Correct. The Foundation continues to have a substantive presence in India today.
* The Gates Foundation isn’t preparing to vaccinate hundreds of thousands of African babies with an experimental malaria vaccine known to have negative efficacy, meaning that vaccinated babies get malaria at a higher rate than vaccine free babies.
No experimental vaccine is being used or even planning to be used on any babies, let alone African babies.
* The CDC’s primary interest is the health and safety of American children.
The CDC’s primary interest is the health and safety of ALL Americans.
* The CDC can be trusted to regulate vaccine safety issues because it owns over 50 vaccine patents and profits from vaccine sales.
As with the pharmaceutical companies, there is no profit in vaccines. Anything from the patents goes to the wages of those who work for the CDC.
* CDC employees have no conflicts of interest.
* When the CDC reports that the flu vaccine is 40% effective, that means that the vaccine prevents the flu in four out of ten people.
Wrong. It provides some protection in all recipients by reducing the symptoms without actually preventing it.
* CDC employees have never consorted with industry or the medical establishment to hide the relationship between mercury-containing Thimerosal and autism.
There is no relationship.
* CDC employees have never consorted with industry or the medical establishment to hide the relationship between the MMR vaccine and autism.
There is no relationship.
* CDC employees have never trashed data linking the MMR vaccine to autism.
Yes they have because the data was wrong. You always trash incorrect data.
* There is no CDC whistleblower.
* There is no such thing as a Vaccine Court because there’s no such thing as vaccine injury.
What rot! Of course there’s a Court of Federal Claims!
* The Vaccine Court has not paid out more than $3.5 billion for vaccine injury and death.
The Vaccine Court pays out on probability, not proof, so this is a misleading claim.
* Congress is not influenced by donations from Big Pharma.
Correct. Congress has always known that vaccines are okay.
* Congress has never ignored vaccine safety issues.
Correct – because there haven’t been any.
* Congress has never been complicit in hiding vaccine safety issues from the public.
There aren’t any that have answers elsewhere. They know (with the odd stupid exceptions like Dan Burton)
* Scientific journals can be trusted.
Of course they can.
* The papers in scientific journals can be trusted.
If they have been cited and peer reviewed by proper peers, yes.
* The drug industry does not ghostwrite pro-vax papers for scientists to sign.
* Scientists who address vaccine safety issues should be censured or fired.
If they get it wrong as some have done, yes they should (and have been!)
* The anti-vax movement is a recent phenomenon.
No, that’s not true. Vaccine hesitancy goes right back to the introduction of the smallpox vaccine.
* Anti-vaxxers get their information from a Playboy bunny.
False. Jenny McDumbell is just one person of many morons.
* Anti-vaxxers get their information from the Internet and everybody knows you can’t trust anything on the Internet, except for the CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the pharmaceutical industry.
And qualified scientists, biologists, toxicologists etc etc who say the same thing. You can trust the Internet, IF and ONLY if you actually understand what you are reading. Anti vaxxers don’t.
* The AAP has no conflicts of interest with the pharmaceutical industry.
None have been proven.
* All unvaccinated people are dangerous vectors of disease.
Yes, unless there are enough immunised people around them to provide herd immunity.
* All vaccinated kids with HIV, Hep B, chicken pox, measles, influenza, whooping cough, etc., should be allowed in school.
I’m not going to address this one because it is a massive fail in comprehension. How can any kid who is vaccinated have any of those diseases – well except for the flu and in that case the statement is NOT true.
* All children recently vaccinated with live virus vaccines should be allowed in school.
There are no live virus vaccines by definition. The so-called “live virus” is half dead by the time vaccination occurs if I remember correctly.
* All unvaxxed kids are by definition sick and dangerous disease vectors.
Sick – no. But the second part is right, unless enough kids around them are vaccinated as per what I said above about unvaccinated people in general.
* All unvaxxed kids should be banned from school, because they’re especially dangerous on weekdays from 8 am to 3 pm.
Actually they are dangerous 24/7/365, but remember that a few unvaccinated kids are so because they have a good medically valid reason not to be.
* All anti-vaxxers are anti-science.
They think they are not but they are.
* All anti-vaxxers are baby killers.
That imputes first degree murder. I would go the manslaughter course.
* All anti-vaxxers should lose custody of their children.
* All anti-vaxxers should be quarantined, jailed, or hung.
Hung – no. The other two – YES!
* When someone dies of a disease, unvaccinated people should be charged, tried, and convicted of murder.
If it can be proven that the disease was transmitted by an unvaccinated person who willfully failed to get vaccinated and had no medical excuse not to, yes.
* Pro-vaxxers are logical, pro-science, and open-minded.
Absolutely true in my case and in most other cases.
* Pro-vaxxers tolerate differing points of view and are all around caring, compassionate people.
It depends – if the differing point of view is based in dangerous community threatening lies the idea of caring about them and being compassionate with them goes out the window.
That’s it. I’ll be linking Wilcox to this as soon as possible, and I wonder if he’ll respond. It will be interesting. Taylor will regret attracting my attention to this list.